JOIN OUR TEAM
Front Office Specialist
To provide the highest quality patient-centered care while maintaining a warm and welcoming attitude. We will promote a safe and enjoyable atmosphere where each day we will work to improve individually and move the team forward.
- I am the face of the practice – the person people talk to first on the phone and see first / last when they visit. Because of this I will work to always maintain a positive and welcoming attitude, and I will treat all patients respectfully.
- Answer ringing phones whenever possible
- Check and return messages
- Speak with patients in both English and Spanish
- Check / update patient insurances for the day
- Maintain and know insurance fee schedules
- Post payments/checks
- Assemble and send pre-authorizations (for any perio, crowns, post, partials, and dentures)
- Investigate old claims
- Fill out work and school excuses for patients (OS, perio)
- Schedule patient appointments – for either treatment or 6 month recall
- Complete all appointments, bill all treatment done at the appointment, and send claims to insurance companies
- Follow up with patients after completed pre-auths are returned. Then either get them scheduled back or point them in the right direction for additional treatment
- Keep the reception area and front desk clean and free of clutter
- Clean trash from individual baskets and take out to the dumpster each day
- Open and take care of mail
- Call and confirm appointments for the next 2 days
- Create, review, and present treatment plans to patients
- Batch the day's insurance claims through Renaissance
- When all tasks are complete, ask a coworker that I can help with
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.